0ur Food-Tech client, is a rapidly growing food manufacturing and logistics company with 24×7 operations throughout Southern Ontario and 750 employees. The organization has over 50 trucks picking up product daily for delivery to the market. Any interruption in logistics, production, or warehouse technology can result in cascading issues for the company and staff, and impact revenue.
Our Client’s IT infrastructure was struggling to meet
the demands of the business and faced several
- Unreliable and downtime-prone IT systems
- Limited IT staff to manage and maintain systems
- Difficulty in ensuring the security and compliance of its IT systems
KTI was engaged to provide IT procurement, support, and infrastructure management services. The KTI team began with a discovery process to determine requirements and created and deployed a new highly available IT system with a 99.99% uptime target. KTI documented all systems and configurations and
developed and rehearsed scenario-driven run-books to ensure rapid response and communication in the event of an outage.
To achieve success, KTI executed the following:
- Work with vendors APC and Dell to migrate workloads to a new VmWare HyperConverged Infrastructure (HCI), with redundancy in power, networking and compute
- Provide new wireless and wired networking throughout, backed by 24x7x365 monitoring and support
- Conduct regular security and compliance assessments to ensure the safety and security of the company’s data, test fail-over systems, and perform system restores. Provide regular maintenance to ensure security updates and patches are always applied to systems and infrastructure
KTI’s Managed IT Services helped the Client to:
- Scale its IT infrastructure to support its growing customer base and demands
- Improve the performance and reliability of its IT system
- Ensure the security and compliance of its IT systems
- Provide Client’s IT staff with the support and expertise needed to manage the IT infrastructure
KTI’s work resulted in a 50% reduction in IT tickets and a nearly 95% reduction in tickets related to infrastructure. The system design allows for scheduled maintenance windows, avoiding disruption. The client now has a reliable and highperforming IT solution that no longer interferes with company operations, but instead accelerates them.